23. September 2011 15:02
This morning, on the way to my new office in New York City, I had the pleasure of watching the sun rise cast rays over the mountains. Can’t see the motion? Make sure you have upgraded to the latest browser. You can pause and play the animation using the discreet play console at the bottom left of the page. Good morning!
23. September 2011 14:56
My dear friend Melek(who has incidentally just joined as lead of DPE Turkey, and is founder of Turkish WIN) will be curating tonight’s Tedx event in Manhattan. Although tickets have sold out, you can watch the event live from rom 5:30-8:30pm GMT-5. The caliber of speakers is impressive, and will contain talks by inspirational individuals such as Robert Torres, Ph.D, Senior Program Officer at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Scott Belsky, founder of the 99%, a think tank and annual conference devoted to execution in the creative world. Imagine!
22. September 2011 18:22
WomenSphere kicks off its third global summit tomorrow in New York City. The theme is “Creating the Future”. Over 50 key female speakers will cover a range of topics on leadership, innovation and world impact. If you didn’t get a chance to register, you can view the content online, such as the unique womensphere web series.
Topics tomorrow will include:
Advancing Women’s Leadership: Strategy and Skills for the Leaders of Tomorrow
• Leadership & Management: Accelerating women’s advancement in companies and boards
• Finance & Investment: Navigating economic transformation in Europe, US, emerging markets
• Innovation: Success models of innovations in science and technology
• Entrepreneurship & Ownership: Strategic business development for entrepreneurial leaders
Success: New Opportunities, Models & Practices in a Changing World
• Leadership & Management: Developing high performance leadership in complex organizations
• Finance & Investment: Private equity & venture capital - new models & new opportunities
• Innovation: New ventures and innovations for sustainability
• Entrepreneurship & Ownership: Models of successful entrepreneurship and social enterprise
21st Century Challenges and Innovative Solutions
• Leadership & Management: New models of corporate social responsibility & social innovation
• Finance & Investment: Managing risks and capitalizing on opportunities in the 21st century
• Innovation: Evolving opportunities from advances in media, social media, and mobile platforms
• Entrepreneurship & Ownership: From concept to market: Successful launches and expansion