7. October 2011 23:33
Did you learn how to code by building complicated VBA Macros back in the day? Do you know nearly every Excel shortcut key? Have your spreadsheets grown in popularity to host thousands of users? Do you make a living by writing sophisticated Office code? If you have taken Office Development to the next level, integrating .NET and advanced business logic into your code, then Slalom is the place for you. We are looking for Office development gurus who have mastered the ins and outs of hooking Office application both to streaming real time data as well as historical relational data.
Direct results expected from this role would be:
- § Become a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies in NYC, by delivering strategic technical solutions that demonstrate the significant business value on time and on budget
- § Determine the effort involved and provide input into scheduling
- § Design for customers through detailed technical specifications combined with usage scenarios in conjunction with a talented team of software developers
- § Build custom application code using Microsoft Office with custom DLL integration, Sharepoint integration, and relational database connectivity
The ideal candidate will have:
- § Sharepoint 2010 development experience and Excel Services experience. Office 365 experience a benefit.
- § Deep understanding of Excel object model and experience with backend relational database integration. Development experience with the entire Office Suite is preferred.
- § Familiar with creating Office add-ins with the .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office
- § History of performing migrations from VBA to .NET, and porting code from 32-bit to 64-bit technology
- § Minimum of 5 years of experience in Enterprise software consulting or product engineering
- § Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET design and development with proven track record of full life cycle solution delivery
- § Exceptional decision-making, conflict resolution, time management, project estimation and negotiation skills
- § Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- § Ability to learn and grasps concepts quickly in a fast paced environment
- § Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication
- § BS/BA degree, ideally in Computer Science.