15. December 2011 21:16
Please register for the meetup on Monday night. Slalom, @codevoyeur and foursquare will showcase mobile technologies.
Slalom will cover the work that they have done for InterContinental to build out a Windows Phone 7 PriorityClub app. The app uses location based services to find a hotel near you and book a reservation using your mobile phone. Slalom will also showcase the NYC MTA with augmented reality and location based services. You can vote for the submission every day!
Slalom Consulting has won several accolades for our mobility practice including:
· Top Mobile Practice – by Everything Channel.
· The Flashies! – Mobile App of the Year nomination in collaboration with GroupHealth. This was the first app of its kind to integrate medical patient data on a mobile device.
· Microsoft Partner of the Year – Top honors for Online Services Solution Partner of the Year.
· Webby Award nomination – Best Use of GPS or Location Technology nomination for a game changing indoor geo-aware application completed with the American Museum of Natural History
6. October 2009 19:16
October 6, 2009, New York City. Tying into today’s worldwide launch of Windows Phone, Microsoft presents our first consumer oriented Open House at the classic and majestic Park Avenue Armory. The floor is set out in a modular design to provide interactive scenes and settings showcasing our greatest consumer technology. Scenes include a garage, home office and even a treehouse that highlight the greatest Microsoft consumer products that will be must-haves this Christmas season. We are hoping to make this a recurring event, so please share your feedback on what you would like to see in the future!
Robbie Bach kicks off the show and identifies some value add areas for the consumer:
- You could buy your daughter a Twilight themed Zune player, tricked out with a ZunePass subscription which allow her to download over 16M of her favorite songs, including ones that you and her listening to together while reading a specific book. Robbie comments that he has read over 30 books with his 13 year old daughter over the years, and the ability to customize the software and hardware enables him to enhance his special, unique connection with his daughter.
- Popularity of XBox continues to soar with new XBox games coming out, with 20M Xbox Live members today with 200k multi-player games played every week
- 1 out of 4 adults want a computer this holiday season
- Robbie mentioned that his family is geographically dispersed – son at school in California, in laws in Ohio, his wife is Dutch with family in the Netherlands, his parents in North Carolina. How do they stay together? Windows Phone is the unifier for him.
- merging workstyle and lifestyle together.
- choice: 30 Windows phones in 20 countries. Digital keyboard, manual keyboard, touch screen. Choice of operating system: Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile. Different price points.
- Your phone is now an accessory – select a theme from well known designers: Vera Wang, Diane Von Furstenberg, Ron Arad, Isaac Mizrahi have created custom themes
- New apps – Critter – a Tamagotchi like application for children, Midomi to capture snippets of music you hear in the air and then tie in with web services to identify the song.
- Your phone is like your wallet, when you lose it it’s a disaster.
- 5% lost their phone in the freezer.
- 21% flirt via mobile phone.
- 22% use their phones in the public bathrooms.
- With MyPhone service you can log into a website and track your phone. Let’s say you lose your phone in a New York cab. You can simply login to a website and track where the phone is. You can watch it moving on the screen stuffed into a taxi seat. You can force it ring remotely. You can lock the phone and erase your data remotely. Back up your contacts, text messages and pictures. And more.
- The MyPhone service enables you to protect your mobile assets. To configure MyPhone follow these instructions
- Also launching today, Windows Marketplace for Mobile hosts a series of applications that you can download to your phone. In fact, developers have a fantastic opportunity to win a Surface unit!!
“The Race to Market Challenge will reward the developer whose paid application earns the most revenue within the contest period and the developer whose free application is downloaded the most within the contest period. Winners will receive a prize package including a Microsoft Surface table and developer kit, free online marketing and promotion of their application, plus a one-of-a-kind trophy.
The Microsoft Surface is a 30-inch tabletop multi-touch display that uses a camera-based vision system to interact with objects placed on its screen and lets users grab and move digital content with simple hand gestures and touches. The Surface developer kit includes the Microsoft Surface SDK SP1, Windows Vista Business (SP1), and all other software required to develop and test Microsoft Surface applications.
Online promotion and marketing include custom-built advertisements of your application on Microsoft Total Access, WindowsMobile.com, developer.windowsmobile.com, Facebook, and Twitter.
See official rules for contest details.”
- AND, if you are a female developer or developing a female-targeted mobility application you will have a chance to win your own HTC device. Contact me for more details!