This is a charm.
So is this.
You’re going to learn a lot about charms by the time we get to the end of this book (whenever that is & after howevermany chapters). And if you are following the instructions in this book carefully, you’ll also be a programmer by the end of this book. Or at least be able to play one on TV.
What’s this book about?
This is a book on building a web-based object oriented programming system with a relational multi-table normalized database as the back end. It’s also a book on the exploration of vintage charm jewelry and its people: the makers & sellers, and the collectors & buyers of charms. But mostly, it’s a book on how to be independent and free by combining your passion and with potential of custom software. Learn, have fun learning and continue the learnings well beyond this book.
What’s the goal of this series?
- Create more software developers in the world, especially with younger generations and women
- Explore the fun and art that is software development
- Teach you everything about charms so you can build a collection for yourself or your loved ones
- Help the underemployed or unemployed run their own online business
- And yes, singlehandedly wean the world off its dependence on Ebay and provide the means for people to write their own custom collection management systems (sorry Ebay, you don't run on Microsoft technology)
Why should I read this book?
Before you subscribe to this feed INSERT FEED, what are the chances that you will like this book? And who’s this book geared towards?
- Do you like Antiques Roadshow (meaning you are a collector and love categorizing your collection)?
- Do want to learn about software development, especially if you are brand new to this industry, or if you are a woman?
- Do you love to travel?
- Are you sick of Ebay’s fees ?
- Are you curious about technology but don’t know where to begin and feel overwhelmed?
- Are you an energetic DIYer?
- Do you find the heaps of code out there meaningless with little context on WHY and too much on HOW?
- Do you like learning new things?
- Are you curious about how all these seemingly unrelated topics will intertwine into a single flow?
- Do you want to say.....
So long Ebay! …. and thanks for all the f.i.s.h. (Fees, Interest, Shipping & Handling)
What is a Living Dustjacket?
This is a Harry Potteresque self-writing interactive Dustjacket which means that the goals of this book are organic and may change over time. At this point only one chapter has been written, whereas most dustjackets are written after the last chapter has not only been written, but also after the editing of the entire book itself.